Thursday, January 17, 2013

Can you believe it's 2013 and the middle January already?  I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season.  We had a very peaceful and relaxing Holiday here at home.  We spent a lot of family time playing games and just enjoying each other. One of the best holidays ever!!  We also celebrated two birthdays over Christmas.  My oldest daughter Kelsea turned 25 and my youngest, Tanner, turned 19.  It's hard to believe that I have a child that is 25 and even harder to believe my youngest is 19 and will soon be leaving home to make his way in the world.  Don't know if I want to cry or celebrate!!  Probably both!  An empty nest will certainly be an adjustment after raising 4 beautiful children.  I love them dearly and am very proud of them!

Melissa, Gayla and I just got back from CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) in Anaheim California.  I was looking forward to warmer weather, but they had record cold temps there and really didn't get away from the cold Kansas City climate.  It was beautiful there and would have loved to see more of the area.  But,  can I just say WOW!!   We had so much fun.  So much eye candy.  So much talent.  It was hard to control ourselves.  I wanted it ALL!  It was exciting and exhausting.  I got to meet Lisa Pace who has written two of my favorite books - "Delight in the Details" and "Delight in the Seasons".  We got to watch Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi demo new product.  Teresa Collins is such a wonderful person.  We talked with her about coming to Remember This to teach a class.  What would you think of that??  Graphic45 had an awesome booth with fabulous projects.  American Crafts had sooo much product.  I think Maggie Holmes with Crate Paper was my favorite.   Prima was full of eye candy.  I could go on and on......lots of wonderful ideas and products.  I WANT IT ALL!!  :)
We had a blast and can't wait to get all the new product in the door.  I'm already making "plans" for upcoming classes.  




These four cards are from my last Shabby Cards class.  I think my favorite is the third cream and brown card.  I love the shabby look and have a hard time doing simple and clean.  I keep wanting to add more and more stuff.  I will try to work on that - sometime.....maybe!!

I will try to get my CHA pictures downloaded in the next day or two.  Can't wait to show you some of the eye candy.  Even more excited about getting all new product in the door.

Have a fabulous night - sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment