Thursday, March 20, 2014

Today was my last day working at Remember This.  I am officially unemployed.  Tomorrow I wake up and will need to regroup - to find my way.  I'm not sure I have ever been unemployed - not even in high school or college.  Although, there was the summer when I met Brad when I was briefly without a job, but not for a very long time.  It's kind of an unsettling, empty feeling.  I walk in my craft room and just feel overwhelmed and don't know what to do - where to even start - with so much to do.
But..I cannot stay in that place.  I cannot think about that.  I need to move forward.  I have faith that God will help bring me through this.  For the first time in many, many years I have the opportunity to do what I want - what is my hearts desire.  I want to create, to get lost, to do what my mind takes me to in my dreams. I just hope that I can achieve what I seem to get accomplished while asleep.  :)  I want to be more involved with my church, and I want to spend more time with my children and I want to clean up and remodel my house.
So... Tomorrow I will load up the truck and take some things to Green Expressions where I have rented a space to sell some things. Things from my house, things that I have made and some more things from my house.  And tomorrow I am going to sit down and just make something...something that I have been wanting to make.  I'm going to crank up the music and sing and maybe even dance a little.  It's a start. It's the first day of the rest of my life and I'm going to make the best of it.
As I tell my children - just keep putting one foot in front of another. Wake up, dress up, show up and never, ever give up!


2 comments:

  1. The road ahead of you is full of adventure and creativity! I'm so blessed to know you and I have great faith in you! I can hardly wait to see where you'll be in 6 weeks, 6 months...6 years! God will surely bless you on your new path! Praying for you - Robin :)

    P.S. Can hardly wait to take the shadowbox class! So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a new beginning! I look forward to following you! For the moment blogger isn't allowing me to follow anyone so hopefully I will get the chance tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete