Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time flies when you're having fun  :) - or so the saying goes.  In any case.... time has flown by this past year.  Melissa and I have been crazy busy keeping up with the store and all the classes we offer.  In spite of keeping busy, we have decided to close the store.  It was a hard and agonizing decision, but yet one that had to be made.  Retail sales just had not been the same since last September.  So, for the next month we will be busy clearing out the store and getting ready to open a new chapter on our lives.
Mel and I have decided to continue to offer classes after we close the store.  We have not worked out all the details yet, but will keep you informed.  The first class will be a fun one -  an Easter shadow box. The best part is... it will be at Mel's house. Woot!!   Continue to watch for posts on RTRT's website at:  www.rememberthisrememberthat.com.

As for me... I need to work.  So I have decided to continue to work with my creative side.  I will be making projects and kits and will have them available for sale on an upcoming website and on my Etsy store. I don't currently have items listed, but will soon - very soon! The name of my Etsy store is VintageinKC.   I have been working madly to get things up and running.  This blog being one of the things that I am bringing back to life. (it desperately needed reviving) I have been a horrible blogger this past year, but I now have a purpose - so look out cause I'm BACK!
Another exciting prospect in my near future is that I will be in search of a location to sell some of my projects and crafty items here in the Kansas City area. I'm keeping my options open and don't want to make a hasty decision.  I need that "perfect" spot.  I love to go "junking" - in search of that one special piece that is just waiting for a face lift and a new home.  I also have a large house full of "junk" that is in desperate need of a remodel.  Needless to say - I believe I will be keeping very busy.

Oh... and on that note of keeping busy - I have a new grandson.  Born Jan. 21 weighing in at 6lbs, 3oz. Named Silas Andrew and I am IN LOVE!!!  And this new fork in the road will give me more time to spend with him and his mommy - Can't wait!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE 


  

So.......Stay tuned for more to come on my new venture............  :)





1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your new venture as well as being excited for us and the fact that we get to keep creating together. :) It's been a fun ride Rene and one of the best parts was finding such a wonderfully talented, loving and kind friend. Love ya Re!!

    ReplyDelete